PARKS AND RECREATION COMMISSION
City Council Chamber
Monday, November 14, 2005
Public comment will be allowed on items on this Agenda at the time each item is considered.
Persons addressing the Commission shall be limited to 5 minutes, unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comments will also be allowed on items NOT on the agenda, but within the subject matter jurisdiction of the Commission, prior to approval of the Minutes, and will be limited to thirty minutes and not to exceed five minutes per person. No one will be heard twice. Any public comments not received at the beginning of the session may be heard at the end of the session. NO action may be taken on off-agenda items, except as provided by law.
CALL TO ORDER
CONSENT ITEMS (Items 1 - 3)
- All matters listed under Consent Calendar are considered routine and will be enacted by one motion. There will be no separate discussion of these items prior to the time of voting on the motion unless members of the Commission, staff or public request specific items be discussed and/or removed from the Consent Calendar for separate action.
*1. MINUTES OF THE OCTOBER 10, 2005 REGULAR MEETING
Recommendation to approve the Minutes of the October 10, 2005 regular meeting.
*2. LANDSCAPE DIVISION MONTHLY REPORT FOR OCTOBER 2005
Staff recommendation to receive and file the Landscape Division October 2005 Monthly Report.
*3. MEMORIAL BENCHES AND TREES
Staff recommendation to approve and accept a memorial bench donation for Laguna Lake Park.
REGULAR BUSINESS (Items 4 - 11)
*4. GARNET NEIGHBORHOOD CENTER UPDATE
Staff will provide an update on new and current programs at Garnet Neighborhood Center and recommend that the Parks and Recreation Commission acknowledge the volunteers who have assisted those programs.
5. AMERICAN GOLF PRESENTATION
American Golf representatives will update the Commission on recent improvements to the Fullerton Golf Course.
*6. REMOVAL OF BASEBALL/SOFTBALL BACKSTOP AT HILLCREST PARK
Staff recommendation to remove the baseball/softball backstop at Hillcrest Park.
7. CULTURAL ARTS DIVISION RENOVATIONS
Staff will provide the Commission with an update on the renovations at the Cultural Arts Division.
*8. UPDATE ON CHAPMAN, LEMON AND NICOLAS PARK RESTROOM RENOVATIONS
Staff will provide an update on recent Council action on proposed restroom improvements at Chapman, Lemon and Nicolas parks.
9. DIRECTOR'S UPDATE
10. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL AGENDA ITEMS
- Bastanchury Park dedication on October 22, 2005
- HUD grant meeting with Fullerton School District and Cal State University Fullerton
- Richman Park renovations and school/community meetings on November 7th and November 22nd
- Independence Park Locker Room
- Tennis Center
11. COMMISSIONER COMMENTS
- Approved the Engineering/Parks and Recreation recommendation to renovate the Lemon Park restroom.
- Did not approve the Engineering/Parks and Recreation recommendation to renovate the Nicolas and Chapman Park restrooms.