Low Graphics Version Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map
City of Fullerton
Community Dev
Home ... > Pre-1900 > Russell House, 1898
Shortcuts
State College & Raymond Grade Separation Updates
Downtown
Water Bill Payment
City Employment
Agendas & Minutes
City Services
Classes
Emergency Preparedness
Online Services
Permits
Public Notices
Russell House

 << Back | Next >>

Location:
516 W. Amerige Avenue
1898: Colonial Revival

Russell HouseThe Russell House has lost some of its original details, but is otherwise unaltered. A rehabilitation of the house by the owner in the 1980s has helped to retain its striking presence. Colonial Revival in style, the house features round pillars as part of the front porch and decorative dormers within the hipped roof. At one time these dormers had small finials along the roof ridge, similar to the roof ornaments on the Kraemer House in Placentia. The symmetrical placement of windows on the second story and horizontal redwood siding are also characteristic of this style.

Little is known about C. S. Russell, for whom the house was built.

FacebookTwitterYouTube
RSS for Fullerton NewsFullerton eLists
Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map | Disclaimer & Privacy PolicyCopyright © 2000 - 2014 Community. Development, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832. 714-738-6547