Low Graphics Version Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map
City of Fullerton
Community Dev
Home ... > 1926-1930 Residential > Hirigoyen House, 1930
Shortcuts
State College & Raymond Grade Separation Updates
Downtown
Water Bill Payment
City Employment
Agendas & Minutes
City Services
Classes
Emergency Preparedness
Online Services
Permits
Public Notices
Hirigoyen House

 << Back | Next >>

Location:
400 W. Brookdale Place
1930: Spanish Colonial Revival

Hirigoyen HouseAs a multi-level structure on a corner lot, this residence is an exceptionally fine example of Spanish Colonial Revival architecture. In addition to the recessed arched picture window, the house has several custom features from the original owner. Two balconies, each wrapping around two sides of the house, feature a Monterey-style design with clay tiled shed roofs supported by post and beam construction. The top deck at the rear has been enclosed -- the only alteration from the original construction.

This house was built for Anthony Hirigoyen, who was a driller for the Standard Oil Company. The Hirigoyen family owned the property until 1958.

The house is Fullerton’s best example of Montereystyle Colonial Revival architecture; its corner location and distinctive architecture make the residence a prominent landmark in the Brookdale Heights neighborhood.

FacebookTwitterYouTube
RSS for Fullerton NewsFullerton eLists
Home | Contact Us | FAQs | Service Request | eLists | Site Map | Disclaimer & Privacy PolicyCopyright © 2000 - 2014 Community. Development, 303 W. Commonwealth Ave., Fullerton, CA 92832. 714-738-6547