Originally: Methodist Parsonage Location: 142 E. Amerige Avenue
1905: Colonial Revival
Constructed in the early 1900s, this house was a parsonage for the Methodist Church for nearly 40 years. In 1985, the present owners bought the property, and the house was completely restored while being converted to its current use as a beauty salon.
The house is one of the finest examples of Colonial Revival architecture now found in Fullerton. The exterior is finished with redwood clapboard. The presents a classic balance and detailing for the type and size of the structure. The porch roof is supported by four, carefully formed Doric columns. The hipped roof has an intersecting gable over the porch forming a boxed pediment; decorative brackets are found under the eaves on all sides. The front windows and doors are uniformly trimmed. The full-length porch provides a strong relationship to the street, complimented by a well-maintained landscaping.