COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM FULLERTON CITY HALL
THURSDAY, 9:00 A.M., April 3, 2003
| CALL TO ORDER:|| Mullis Acting Chair called the meeting to order at 9:05 a.m. |
| COMMITTEE MEMBERS PRESENT:|| Mullis (for Rosen, Allen (for Thompson) Murphy (for Maynard), and Wallin |
| COMMITTEE MEMBERS ABSENT:|| Lynn, Rosen, Tabatabaee, Maynard |
| STAFF MEMBERS PRESENT:|| Mullis, Kusch, Norton |
March 20, 2003 approved with one correction. PRJ03-00094 - Site Plan SP-653A, Page 2. She would be in favor of either relocating the facility to a site behind Lucky John's near Euclid Street, or keeping it in its present location.
INTRODUCTIONS - COMMITTEE AND STAFF MEMBERS:
PRJ03-00153 - ZON03-00013. APPLICANT: KEN HOBBENSIEFKEN; PROPERTY OWNER: W & D SUNRISE, LTD PARTNERSHIP. A request for a women's fitness and weight loss center on property located at 1715 North Euclid Street (southwest corner of Euclid Street and Rosecrans Avenue) (C-2 zone) (Categorically exempt under Section 15301 of CEQA Guidelines) (AKU)
Present were Barbara-Leigh Tonelli, with the Charles Dunn Company, and Kent Hobbensiefken, of Curves.
Staff Assistant Planner Kusch presented the request. He said that the tenant space is located near the Quaker State Bank building; it is 2,500 square feet, and the hours of operation would be Mon.-Fri. 9-12 and 3-7. Parking appears to be adequate. The applicant intends to have 16 workstations. The request would be subject to the standard conditions for this type of a business.
Mr. Hobbensiefken stated that as business grows he expects to increase the number of workstations to 24.
The applicant was advised of the existence of a Sign Program for the shopping center.
Committee Member Wallin recommended that the applicant speak with Water Engineering about water meter upgrades.
The conditions are as follows:
- The tenant improvement plan shall be prepared by a licensed architect or engineer, and submitted for review and approval by the Director of Development Services.
- No aerobic or group activities would be allowed. The maximum number of workstations would be 24, or increased as permitted by the Building Department.
- The building must be ADA compliant based on occupancy, with two exits and two accessible restrooms, and the applicant must apply for a change of occupancy permit.
- All corrections generated through the plan check and inspection processes are incorporated by reference as conditions of approval and would include any requirements generated by the Engineering Department.
- Show that the most remote area of the building is within a distance of 150 feet from the closest public fire hydrant on the public street. Several options to correct this situation would be to install a private fire hydrant on the property or sprinkler the building.
- Approved numbers of addresses shall be placed on all new and existing buildings in such a position as to be plainly visible and legible from the street or road fronting the property and alley serving said property. For front address numbers we recommend a height of 1 inch for every 10 feet from the street (14 inch maximum); 2 to 3 inch numbers for rear numbers mounted above the doors. FFD Standard #7.
- Any new signs must adhere to the shopping center's Sign Program, and must be approved by the Director of Development Services prior to issuance of a sign permit.
MOTION made, seconded and CARRIED by all members present, to APPROVE PRJ03-00153 - ZON03-00013 subject to the conditions stated above. (Resolution No. 328)
ADJOURNED AS STAFF SITE PLAN REVIEW COMMITTEE AT 9:20 a.m.
RECONVENED AS STAFF REVIEW COMMITTEE
ITEMS SCHEDULED FOR HEARING BY THE PLANNING COMMISSION ON MAY 14, 2003
PRJ03-00159 - PM2003-143. APPLICANT AND PROPERTY OWNER: SONIA SHAH. A request to subdivide a 2.8-acre parcel into four lots on property located at 915 West Las Palmas Drive (at the northern terminus of Flintridge Drive) (R-1-20 zone) (Categorically exempt under Section 15315 of CEQA Guidelines).
Lot 1 may need to be sprinklered if more than 150 feet from a fire hydrant.
PRJ02-00402A, LRP03-00008, LRP03-00009. APPLICANT: CITY OF FULLERTON; PROPERTY OWNER: PEDRO GONZALES. To consider a General Plan land use designation revision from Low-Density Residential to Commercial, and a Zone Amendment changing the zoning designation from R-1-6, Single-Family Residential, to C-1, Limited Commercial, on property located at 2200 and 2204 West Valencia Drive (south side of Valencia Drive between the southwest corner of Valencia Drive and Pine Drive, approximately 128 feet west of the same street intersection) (Negative Declaration).
The Committee had no issues.
PRJ03-00129 - LRP03-00006 - LRP03-00007 - ZON03-00012. APPLICANT AND PROPERTY OWNER: SHUN H. KO. To consider a General Plan land use designation revision from Commercial to Medium Density residential, a Zone Amendment changing the zoning designation from C-2, General Commercial, to R-3, Limited-Density, Multiple Family Residential; and a Development Project application for a five-unit apartment complex, on property located at 1077 West Avenue (north side of West Avenue, between approximately 260 feet and 320 feet west of the northwest intersection of West Avenue and Euclid Street) (Negative Declaration).
The Committee's concerns were inadequate lighting and parking.
ITEMS SCHEDULED FOR HEARING BY THE PLANNING COMMISSION ON MAY 28, 2003
None at this time.