CITY OF FULLERTON
REDEVELOPMENT DESIGN REVIEW COMMITTEE
THURSDAY, JANUARY 12, 2006
Persons addressing the Redevelopment Design Review Committee shall be limited to 10 minutes unless the Chairman, subject to the approval of the Redevelopment Design Review Committee grants an extension of time. When any group of persons wishes to address the Committee, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comment will be allowed on agenda items at the time the item is considered.
The Redevelopment Design Review Committee's approval or denial of any action on this agenda shall become final and effective ten working days
after its decision unless an appeal is made in writing within this ten-day period to the Planning Commission by either an applicant or an opponent. The filing of an appeal within such time limit shall stay the effective date of the order of the Redevelopment Design Review Committee until such time as the Planning Commission has acted on the appeal. Anyone interested in making an appeal should contact the Development Services Department for assistance.
4:00 P.M. SESSION
COUNCIL CONFERENCE ROOM
APPROVAL OF MINUTES:
1. PRJ04-00901 - ZON04-00094. APPLICANT: WAYNE SANT; PROPERTY OWNER: OTTO KAHN. Review of approved site plan; architecture; landscaping as conditioned for a request to develop a 68 unit two story assisted living facility for the elderly with 37 parking spaces for an irregular-shaped property (located on the east side of Euclid Street from approximately 690 feet to 1450 feet south of Laguna Road) (R-1-20,000 Zone) (Mitigated Negative Declaration). (HA)
2. PRJ04-01164 - ZON05-00024. APPLICANT NANCY CHANG; PROPERTY OWNER: XUE REN. A request for an 14-unit, 2 and 3 story two bedroom attached condominium project in Community Improvement District located at 918 South Highland Avenue (generally located on the east side of Highland Avenue between 150 and 275 feet south of Knepp Avenue, west to Tamarack Drive) (R-3 Zone) (Categorically Exempt under Section 15332 of the CEQA Guidelines) (Continued from October 27, November 10, and December 8, 2005). (HA)
3. PRJ03-00887 - ZON03-00080, ZON03-00081. APPLICANT: TOM MERRELL. PROPERTY OWNER: FIRST EVANGELICAL FREE CHURCH. Conditional Use Permit request to construct a new 20,000 sq. ft. multi-purpose building, a 21,640 sq. ft. administrative building, a 3 level (two story plus roof parking) parking structure for 787 vehicles and a future parking structure expansion located at 2801 Brea Blvd. (Generally located on the west side of Brea Blvd between Bastanchury Rd. and Rolling Hills Dr.). (R-G Zone) (Mitigated Negative Declaration). (JW)
4. PRJ05-00257 - ZON05-00023. APPLICANT: BARGHAUSEN CONSULTING ENGINEERS. PROPERTY OWNER: PRICE CO. A request to construct and operate a self-serve retail gasoline service station with 8 dispensers, a 32 foot by 120 foot canopy and 3 underground fuel storage tanks with a capacity of 90,000 gallons in a Community Improvement District located at 900 S. Harbor Blvd. (Generally located on the east side of Harbor Blvd. between 770 and 1232 feet north of Orangethorpe Avenue. (C-2 ZONE) (Categorically Exempt under Section 15332 of the CEQA Guidelines) (JW)
5. PRJ05-00819 - ZON05-00121. APPLICANT AND PROPERTY OWNER: MARIO & EMMA VALADEZ. A minor development project request to allow a minor encroachment into the front yard setback by approximately 17 percent (36'-5" in lieu of 43'-7") and to interpret consistency with the Pico-Carhart Rural Street Design Guidelines for a new residence at 156 Ramona Dr. (located on the east side of Ramona Dr., approximately between 339 and 439 feet south of the Arroyo Drive centerline) (R-1 Zone) (Categorically Exempt under Section 15301 of the CEQA Guidelines). (AK)
Public comment will be allowed on matters not appearing on the agenda but within the Redevelopment Design Review Committee's jurisdiction, at the end of the agenda. No action may be taken on off-agenda items except as provided by law.
January 10 City Council
January 11 Planning Commission
AGENDA FORECAST FOR SPECIAL MEETING:
AGENDA FORECAST FOR JANUARY 26, 2006: