Planning Commission Meeting Agenda
April 26, 2000
Persons addressing the Planning Commission shall be limited to 10 minutes unless an extension of time is granted by the Chairman, subject to approval of the Planning Commission. When any group of persons wishes to address the Commission, it shall be proper for the Chairman to request that a spokesman be chosen to represent the group.
Public comment will be allowed on agenda items at the time the item is considered.
Public comment will be allowed on matters not appearing on the agenda but within the Planning Commission's jurisdiction, at the end of the agenda. No action may be taken on off-agenda items except as provided by law.
The Planning Commission's approval or denial of any action on this agenda shall become final and effective ten days after its decision unless an appeal is made in writing within this ten-day period to the City Council by either an applicant or an opponent. The filing of an appeal within such time limit shall stay the effective date of the order of the Planning Commission until such time as the City Council has acted on the appeal. Anyone interested in making an appeal should contact the Development Services Department for assistance.
4:00 P.M. SESSION
ROLL CALL MINUTES:
Regular Meeting of April 12, 2000
Next Resolution No. 6872
|PUBLIC HEARINGS ||RECOMMENDED ACTIONS |
|1. TRACT TR-15982. APPLICANT: GOLD KEY BUILDERS; PROPERTY OWNER: JOANNE MYRTLE SAIGN/HANSON. A request to subdivide a 3.10-acre parcel to create five single-family residential lots on property at the southeast corner of Laguna Road and Euclid Street (R-1-20,000 zone) (Mitigated Negative Declaration) (Continued from April 12, 2000). ||-Approval, subject to conditions |
|2. DEVELOPMENT PROJECT DP-00-2 AND CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT CUP-1021. APPLICANT: RICK CRANE ARCHITECTS; PROPERTY OWNER: HOPE UNIVERSITY INTERNATIONAL. To consider site and architectural plans to construct a two-story, 66,500-square-foot student athletic facility for Hope International University as part of a new Master Plan for this private school, on property located at 2500 East Nutwood Avenue (including properties along Titan Drive and East Chapman Avenue) (C-2, R-5 and O-P zones) (Negative Declaration). ||-Continue to May 10, 2000 |
|3. SITE PLAN SP-793 (MAJOR). APPLICANT: GEORGE BEHNAM; PROPERTY OWNER: INAS EDWARD HANNA. To consider site and architectural plans for a 16-unit apartment complex on property located at the southwest corner of Associated Road and Bastanchury Road (R-3 zone) (Categorically exempt under Class 32 of CEQA Guidelines. ||-Approval, subject to conditions |
|4. ZONING CODE UPDATE. Proposed revisions to the following section of the Zoning Code Ordinance: Definitions. Also recap and summary of all proposed revisions to the Code to date. ||-Continue to May 10, 2000 |
- A. REVIEW OF COUNCIL ACTIONS
- B. PUBLIC COMMENTS
- C. AGENDA FORECAST.
- The next meeting of the Fullerton Planning Commission will be May 10, 2000, at 4:00 p.m.
- A request to allow a two-story accessory building over an existing two-car garage that is detached from a single-family residence on property located at 325 North Woods Avenue.
- A request to allow the construction of a 13,994 square-foot, single-family residence with four-bedrooms, five bathrooms, exercise room, game room and outdoor tennis court; a conditional use permit to allow the residence to be 43 feet in height (exceeding the 30-foot building height limit); a modification to a previously-approved grading plan to permit extensive grading of the site to accommodate the plans as proposed which would, in part, result in crib and retaining walls up to 25 feet in height, and to permit a variance to exceed the two-story building limit by constructing a three-story residence, on property located at 1710 Vista Lomitas.
- A request to consider site and architectural plans for a proposed 2,400-square-foot, drive-thru restaurant with an indoor playground on property located at 2751 W. Orangethorpe Avenue.
- A request to consider amending Title 15 of the Fullerton Municipal Code to add Chapter 15.58 entitled "Special Events on Private Property" and to eliminate a corresponding section in Chapter 15.30.